[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Rob gamaliel8 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 19:18:16 UTC 2005

Is it really?  This is one of the main things I'm
concerned about, and I've done a poor job of
articulating my concern. It's quite easy to make edits
which seem legitimate, accurate, and NPOV, but are
actually nothing of the sort.  Cite sources which
don't exist, or don't say what you claim they do, or
simply cite a source which turns out to be someone
making things up out of whole cloth.  I've dealt with
all of these things from editors who aren't even Nazis
and I have no doubt that the Nazis won't hesitate to
employ such methods.  For some reason, I found it
nearly impossible to find editors to help combat this
sort of stuff in an article about a Nobel Prize
winner; how many editors are willing to wade through
obscure footnotes in the life of Eustace Mullins or
William Pierce to fight a persistent POV warrior?  I
can't imagine a more stubborn and intractible POV
warrior than a person whose entire worldview revolves
around fighting the Elders of Zion.

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
But my response to this particular argument is that
*at least in this
particular case*, the odds of him doing anything which
is 'unnoticed and
uncorrected' is close to zero *in this account*.