[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Tue Aug 23 18:47:33 UTC 2005

Oskar Sigvardsson wrote:

>These are some direct quotes from this guy:
>
>[...]
>
>Does it really matter to you that said these things outside wikipedia?

Yes. While Saudi Arabia may be fine with stopping advocates of
women's rights at the border, on the theory that they are certain
to commit heinous crimes against the social order, I think WP should
set a less medieval standard.

Pragmatically, if you pre-ban editors with open biases or goals,
they will just make new logins and make the same edits quietly;
just as women's advocates do now in Saudi, come to think of it. :-)

Stan