[WikiEN-l] An admin misused his privilages to block me and vandalize an article.

Dai Grepher dai_grepher1051 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 20 19:41:15 UTC 2005

Hello,
 My user name is Dai Grepher, my I.P address is 68.41.169.128, I am sending this message because the administrator Andrevan has misused his abilities to block me from editing any page but my own for 24 hours. While I know that this is a temporary block, I still believe that Andrevan should be reprimanded for misuse of administrating privileges, and I believe that he will continue to misuse his powers unless he is reprimanded. The message I receive when trying to edit is as follows:

 "User is blocked
>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
You have attempted to edit a page, either by clicking the "edit this page" tab or by following a red link.

Your user name or IP address has been blocked by Andrevan.

The reason given is this:
Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by "Dai Grepher". The reason given for Dai Grepher's block is: "Ignoring consensus, vandalizing user pages. Blocked for 24 hours, as warned."."

 On the talk page found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Metroid:_Zero_Mission
I have respectfully stated that a consensus on the issue is not applicable to the article, since I have provided a substantial amount of evidence that disproves the popular theory and those that have voted have clearly ignored the facts that I have presented. Also, this consensus does not reach beyond the limits of Wikipedia to users holding a different belief and therefore does not represent the targeted fanbase. Under Wikipedia consensus policy, a consensus cannot be used to determine which side has "won" a dispute. It can only be used to see if there is a consensus, which there is not since I disagree with it and the opposition. Andrevan is using the consensus incorrectly as justification for changing the article to reflect his own opinion and also for blocking my account.

 I have suggested that the article remain ambiguous, and not bias toward their side or my own while dispute resolution takes its course. The others debating the issue and myself have agreed to contact mediators and arbitrators to resolve the issue fairly. Andrevan makes it clear on the Zero Mission talk page listed above that he believes the popular theory and has stated orders to change the article to directly contradict me (Dai Grepher, found under the: The article should not be ambiguous, section of the article), which shows a direct prejudice against my theory and a complete disregard of the facts that I have presented that at the very least seriously question the popular theory.

 I have edited the article to be non-partisan and I have also made additions to the page, which by Wikipedia policy is not classified as a revert. Andrevan is the one who has reverted and vandalized the page by ignoring the NPOV policy. Also, Andrevan has not posted warnings of blocking my account on my talk page, as Wikipedia's policy for handling vandalism states. I however have posted these required steps on his talk page and also The Missing Link's talk page because they continue to change the article to be biased.

 The second reason, an accusation that I have vandalized other user pages is untrue. Andrevan is misusing his powers to preserve his own personal belief, rather than protecting the page to be non-biased and allowing dispute resolution to take its course. By doing so, and blocking me, he is hindering the peaceful resolution of the dispute. I respectfully request that the administrator Andrevan be given the full reprimand that he deserves.

 I urge you to please look into this matter at the talk page listed above, and handle the issue responsibly. Thank you very much.

-Dai Grepher