[WikiEN-l] VfD vs. Wikipedia:

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 14:50:45 UTC 2005

On 8/20/05, Phroziac <phroziac at gmail.com> wrote:
> How long will it be before people VFD a VFD on a VFD of a VFD of a wikiproject?

When they do, I shall speedy delist, then block them until kingdom
come with a particularly virulent blocking summary.  VfDs should never
be deleted unless there is a really really good reason.  There could
almost never be a good reason to delete a VfD.

"So, then anything can be VFD'd via IAR, and if it's in the wikipedia:
namespace, it can be speedy kept, via IAR. IAR is useful, eh? :)
Anyway, if you notice, it says on the vfd page it is for _articles_. I
put that in bold, maybe it will help a little, with the rediclousness."

Methinks you take the IAR line a bit too far.  My point was only that
you can never say that something is absolutely forbidden.  Wikipedia
is not black and white (except in the Classic skin).  My statement
said that policies could be speedy-kept by WP:POINT, as they could
never be anything else.  Actually, your point about what it says on
the VfD page is a good one.  I suggest applying IAR and allowing
ourselves to nominate project namespace pages there.

Sam/smoddy