[WikiEN-l] Blocked because of constant spam?

Theresa Knott theresaknott at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 09:01:13 UTC 2005

On 8/19/05, Matthew Davis <superstarking89 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is my son's email address.  My son just discovered your website yesterday 8-18-05 and was very excited to find such an website where he can edit his own information about his favorite  singers Shania Twain, Britney Spears, etc.  As he was new to your site he had some problems with the posting of the information he was editing, which I believe is the reason for the accused constant spamming.  Please rethink your decision on having him blocked as this could happen to any new user to your site.
>
>                                                                 Sincerely,
>                                                                Norma Davis

The looks like 24.253.211.204  he does appear to be a clueless newbie
rather than a spammer. However he was warned repeatedly that if he
continued added commercial links he would be blocked. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:24.253.211.204

Norma I am happy to unblock your son. But before I do he must email me
_himself_ so that I can be sure that he understands our policies on
commercial spam, revert wars, use of the preview button, the blocking
policy and warnings from other users.

If I unblock him without having spoke to him first, and he continues
as before he will inevitably end up getting blocked again.

Theresa