[WikiEN-l] Re: Welcoming Peter C. Wayner and...

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 17 00:31:45 UTC 2005

Stan Shebs wrote:

> Clearly we need developers to make an addition to the login creation
> screen!
>
>  Please indicate the purpose of this account:
>  [*] Good
>  [ ] Evil
>
> I suppose one could argue that there should be a
> "Neutral" option too, and that everybody must choose it.

Yes, that's the tricky bit - we need to allow the Evil Point of View to
have its say too. It'd be bad to have have Wikipedia become completely
Good-biased. This would all be so much easier if more Internet software
developers would just get off their butts and implement RFC 3514
<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3514.txt> in a more widespread manner.

But what about the Lawful/Chaotic alignment axis? That's potentially far
more controversial.