[WikiEN-l] Viral marketing?

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Mon Aug 15 15:16:33 UTC 2005

Dan Grey stated for the record:

> On 14/08/05, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>This might be of interest to some:
>>http://www.boingboing.net/2005/08/13/bbc_punks_wikipedia_.html -
>>Wikipedia articles (now VfDed) about a fictional popstar being added
>>as part of a viral marketing campaign.
>

> The talk pages of the articles concerned do a pretty good job of
> dimissing the notion that this was some sort of viral marketing
> campaign - more a series of honest mistakes.

If it could be shown to the satisfaction of the ArbComm that it was an
organized campaign, I would be in favor of a month-long block on the
entire address space of the organizers, ''pour encourager les autres''.
  We are not a blank billboard, and their graffiti is not welcome.

--
  Sean Barrett     | Success is going from failure to failure without
  sean at epoptic.com | any loss of enthusiasm. --Winston Churchill