[WikiEN-l] Unauthorized deletion of images

Leif Knutsen vyerllc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 16:49:25 UTC 2005

Various people have tried through various ways to censor facts presented in
the article titled "Vaccine controversy." The latest such attempt was to
delete a number of graphs that show that mortality rates in Australia for a
number of infectious diseases had decreased before the introduction of
vaccines. The images were listed for deletion for alleged copyright
violations. I obtained permission from all relevant copyright holders, noted
this fact in the listing for deletions, but now I find that the images were
deleted anyway.

The names of the images were:
Image:Austr mort
diphtheria.gif<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=Austr_mort_diphtheria.gif>
Image:Austr mort
scarletfever.gif<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=Austr_mort_scarletfever.gif>
Image:Austr mort
measles.gif<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=Austr_mort_measles.gif>
Image:Austr mort
typhoidfever.gif<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=Austr_mort_typhoidfever.gif>
Image:Austr mort
polio.gif<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=Austr_mort_polio.gif>
Image:Austr mort
whoopingcough.gif<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=Austr_mort_whoopingcough.gif>

These images must be undeleted immediately, and appropriate action should be
taken against the individuals who deleted them in violation of policy.

--
Leif Knutsen
(also responds to vyerllc at gmail.com and leif at vyer.net)