[WikiEN-l] Archives

Phroziac phroziac at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 23:14:10 UTC 2005

By the way, check your hotmail, i sent you an invite to gmail, just
incase that might be easier then using your hotmail ;)

Anyway, you could always, depending on your email client, set up an
account on it to send mail from your ISP account, and spoof the email
address to show your hotmail address in headers.

Or, you could get a good spam blocking tool. I used to use one that
had like 99% accuracy after i trained it, I think it was spam
assassin. I don't use it anymore because I don't get alot of spam
anymore, I switched isps and started using gmail, and, I now use my
new pseudonym in email also, which is harder for my dad to remember
when he does dumb things with it. (Send this to 3 friends (or 3 of
your sons email accounts) for <whatever>, so we can spam them for
life!).

On 8/5/05, Anthony DiPierro <anthonydipierro at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >I think he is reffering to the guy who got a private mail forwarded to
> >the list and wished his name off it. That sort of thing. I think that
> >those rare cases can be handled on a case by case basis and removed by
> >a developer.
>
> A way to post without revealing one's email address (or even better to
> reveal an alternate email address) would be nice, though.  I read the list
> using my main email account, but I don't want that address accessible via
> google (spam sucks), so in order to post I have to log in to my hotmail
> account, which is a huge pain in the ass.  In fact, I usually make my
> replies private rather than public because I'm too lazy to log in to hotmail
> to reply to the list.  Of course, even then I have to put a disclaimer at
> the bottom asking people I reply to not to forward my post to the list
> without first removing my email address.
>
> In other words, mailing lists are so 1995.
>
> Anthony

signature