[WikiEN-l] Anti-elitism

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Aug 5 20:51:07 UTC 2005

I created a new page, this time I did it right. Angela would be proud.

[[Wikipedia:anti-elitism]] is based on a couple of Internet articles
that
old guy, whatsisname, some philosophy professor who helped out for a few

months in Wikipedia's early days. Oh, yeah, Larry Sanger.

I was wondering where all this VFD-RFC-RFA stuff was really heading, so
dipped into MeatBall, and that led me to the social dynamics of wikis -
which ended up with Larry's critique of Wikipedia's anti-elitism.

He sees it as causing our 2 biggest problems:
1. a perception of unreliability (justified or not)
2. an often unpleasant an even hostile working atmosphere

Well, I'm off to my 5:30 P.M. irc meeting. Do check out the proposed
policy
page, if you're interested in the big picture. Sanger's no slouch.

Ed Poor