[WikiEN-l] block open proxies only for non-logged-in users please

Tor Ville tor_ville at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 21:18:33 UTC 2005

> Because that would allow trolls and vandals and
other evil items to
> make accounts using a tor, and freely evade any ban.

Has that actually happened a lot? Have people created
lots of unser accounts through tor to evade their
usernames being banned??? I mean there must be so many
other opportunities for someone to be a nuisance (e.g.
going to an internet cafe...)

Let's just give it a try. If it really doesn't work
then another solution may be to make it a bit of an
effort to set up a new username. That may also
discourage people.

> I really don't
> see why any government would care what you're
doing..

Much of the data collection is automated, so they
don't have to put in a lot of effort to compile a file
on you. Don't assume everyone is from the US, and even
the US starts to care less and less about civil
liberties.
This is a long story, but believe me, not everyone is
happy with everyone being able to compile everything
they ever say on every topic at any time.
This is not an irrelevant issue, and I am not being
paranoid.