[WikiEN-l] Is this right?

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Aug 3 11:56:05 UTC 2005

Skyring wrote:
> I just took a look at [[George VI of the United Kingdom]], which has
> been protected by jtdirl, citing persistent vandalism. jtdirl is a
> participant on the lame edit war running on this and similar pages,
> and has naturally protected it in his preferred version.

An anonymous ip number vandalized the page repeatedly and the vandalism
has been reverted repeatedly by a few different people.  Eventually,
jtdirl protected the page.

This is so routine and boring that I can only interpret this email as
yet another instance of you harassing jtdirl -- you've already been in
trouble for this in the past -- doing it on the mailng list isn't likely
to be given any sympathy.

--Jimbo