RMS (was: Re: [WikiEN-l] Hollywood film composer enquiry)

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Tue Aug 2 21:24:29 UTC 2005

> It's generally frowned upon to write an article on yourself, or
> something you do, or even do any major contributions on it, no matter
> how notable it is.

Hehe, you do know Richard Stallman has been POV-warring
like there's no tomorrow on articles relating to himself
and his projects :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Rmstallman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/128.30.16.48

This is my favorite edit summary:

"GNU system is nearly always used with Linux. Rewrite text implying it is
correct to call the combination "Linux"."

But we're nice to n00bz0rs so he didn't get kicked out
or anything :) He did get reverted once or twice...

On the subject of Stallman - Jimbo mentioned that the
problems with the GFDL were being addressed at the level
of the license itself. That sounds good but is there any
time frame for it? Or is it something that will happen
around the time the Hurd is released ;)

Regards,
Haukur

P.S. And the guy is my hero even though I'm making fun
of him. I got to attend a lecture of his early this year.
He mentioned Wikipedia and said that last time he heard
it had about 200,000 articles. "440,000 in the English
version alone", I corrected him. "Wow.", he replied.