[WikiEN-l] Intolerance directed towards Chinese immigrants to America

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Apr 19 20:05:35 UTC 2005

While I'm doing my penance, why not read an excellent historical article
my church's monthly magazine put out, on "Chinese in America".

The Chinese railroad workers showed an admirable industriousness and
self-discipline, while receiving significantly less pay than "filthy"
whites.

"China was the first nation to have a written language and before the
early dynasty of Han, they used a knife to mark the writing on freshly
slashed, moist sections of bamboo. As the bamboo dried, the records
became permanent. When paper was developed, records were kept in books."
[http://www.worldandi.com/subscribers/americanwavesdetail.asp?num=12325]