[WikiEN-l] Nude Kate Winslet Picture

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Apr 12 23:40:26 UTC 2005

I was expecting to find a nude photo in the article about [[Kate
Winslet]], which would be appropriate (out of context, misleading).
However, the photo is a very tasteful nude shot from the film
''Titanic'', and is used to enrich that article's narrative about the
movie - not to mention that it's a partial nude, with only a left breast
visible.

I don't know the uploader's motivation, and I share your suspicion that
many people might try to cause disruption by uploading such photos.
However, the best response to that, in my opinion, is to have clear
policies on the matter. Then the trolls can do whatever they want, and
we just decide quickly how to deal with the matter. Such policies might
evolve out of precedents like Autofellatio and this photo.

Erik