[WikiEN-l] Re: April Fool's Day Lame-O-Rama

El C el.ceeh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:05:00 UTC 2005

There should not be a need for policy for such courteousness -- it
sets a very bad precedence when, inter-editorially, a piece is taken
from a user space despite protest.

That's just not right, and the GFDL be damned. If one of the Wikipedia
clones somehow finds such an item and decides to copy it, that's one
thing, but for this to happen from within the community is, in my
opinion, rather shameful.

And it should be opposed, but not through policy, we should'nt need to
resort to that; maybe for vandals and lamers, but serious editors? No,
I refuse to accept that.

Respect for the privacy of the user space is paramount as an outlet
for stressful editorial volunteering, and it's basic human decency.
Decent individual treatment = a productive, caring community of
editors = a free encyclopedia. No shortcuts, not even for a laugh.

El_C