[WikiEN-l] Re: A user seems to have spent the day reverting articles which appeared to be legitamite edits

R E Broadley 20041111 at stardate.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 19:38:04 UTC 2004

Dear Rick,

You misunderstand me, but it's ok, most people do, so I won't take it
personally. I'm not sure what you mean by me being on the mailing list
anonymously, is my name or email address hidden?

I would say this. Power corrupts, and without adequate self-analysis,
one can become arrogant, throw their weight around, and revert any edits
on the spot just because they didn't understand what the person had
written. Your Chicago edit today for instance, if you'd merely clicked
on the "world city" article, you would have been able to find out what
an "alpha world city" is, but instead you just removed the word "alpha"
from the article, because you weren't familiar with the term. At least
you gave a reason in your edit comments though, which is an improvement,
so thanks, I was then able to reword the article with the knowledge of
why it had been changed.

Regards,
Ed