[WikiEN-l] unusual revert on Article: George W Bush

R E Broadley 20041111 at stardate.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Nov 21 18:18:16 UTC 2004

Hi,

I notice that the George W Bush article was reverted by Violetriga on
11th November 2004. The revert caused a George Bush quote that had a
source (Sunday Times?) to be replaced with an apparently incorrect quote
with no source.

This surprised me, as I would expect the quote with a source to be
favored over an unverified quote.

Or am I missing something?

Rather than the revert, wouldn't it have been more appropriate to
acknowledge the existence of multiple quotes, with perhaps some
additional research, or at least mention reasons for the revert.

Apologies in advance if reasons for the revert were given - I'm new to
Wikipedia, and I might not have figured out yet how to view the reasons
for reverts (if such a feature exists).

Cheers,
Edmund