[WikiEN-l] blocking policy violated?

R E Broadley 20041111 at stardate.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 23:12:59 UTC 2004

Hi,

I recently discovered Wikipedia, and I am very impressed by the vast
range of information, and by the neutrality of many of the definitions.

I have only today started to contribute to Wikipedia, and made a few
additions of links to some of the articles.

I noticed that the definition of the September 11 attacks was claiming
as fact some information that is widely disputed, and so a few minutes
ago inserted information making it clear who claims these facts, and I
was going to elaborate further with information on which facts are being
disputed and by who, only to find that my IP address had been blocked by
a user "Flockmeal".

This user was claiming the reason for the block was "repeated vandalism".

I went on to check what the blocking policy was, and then the Wikipedia
definition of vandalism, to discover that by input was in no way
anything close to vandalism. I was stating nothing than the facts, with
no bias whatsoever. The entries I made were made entirely in good faith,
and I am very disappointed that such abuse of the blocking policy has
been made.

Since the block, I have registered and now have a username and am
contactable at my email address. I would ask that the IP address block
be removed, and a discussion started as to why elaborating on facts and
remaining factual can be classed as vandalism.

Many thanks,
Edmund Broadley