[WikiEN-l] Re: Learn PHP

John Lee johnleemk at gawab.com
Fri Nov 19 10:28:10 UTC 2004

I agree with Sheldon. When I first picked up PHP, the only programming
language (or something resembling it) I knew was HTML. I had dabbled
with Perl and C, but they were too complicated to pick up, especially
for programming on the web. Perl and C are great for use on real
applications, but PHP is a language designed with the web in mind.

I haven't contributed to any MediaWiki development, sadly, because I'm
still picking up the language; every time I stare at the code for a
major PHP application, I get a dreadful headache. Usually it's because
they use object-oriented PHP, which I haven't really learned yet.

John Lee
([[User:Johnleemk]])