[WikiEN-l] Cleaning the Wikipedia namespace (was [[Extreme article deletion]] is up for deletion)

Rhobite rhobite at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 06:13:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:48:02 -0800, Michael Snow
<wikipedia at earthlink.net> wrote:
> However, we do have a longstanding serious problem in that there are
> fundamentally *way too many* pages in the Wikipedia namespace.

I don't really know where to propose it, but I've been thinking about
this one for a while. I believe there are too many choices for
"problem resolution" pages, particularly pages in the Wikipedia:
namespace designed to list articles which need to improve in some way.
This includes Cleanup, Pages Needing Attention, Peer Review, and
Requests for Expansion. I think PNA is particularly redundant with
Cleanup, and PNA should be phased out. Four months ago I was a newbie
and I had no idea what the difference was between those pages. I'm
still a little unsure about PNA vs. Cleanup.

Rhobite