[WikiEN-l] WP:3RR

Shane King wikipedia at dontletsstart.com
Wed Nov 17 00:39:56 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 07:24:42AM -0800, Mark Richards wrote:
> Surely you are joking? We guage the truth by the
> number of people who believe it?
> Mark

Wikipedia doesn't (or shouldn't) gauge the truth AT ALL. Isn't that what
the neutral point of view policy is all about? We're supposed to say
"here's what various people think, make up your own mind".

To that end I would say, in general, the more people on your side in an
edit war the more likely you are to be "right", in the sense of the
edits you want are in the spirit of wikipedia. Obviously this is not
a hard and fast rule, but as a guideline I'd say it applies. If we are
to assume good faith, how can we think otherwise?

Shane.