[WikiEN-l] 3RR policy change

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Nov 14 03:11:10 UTC 2004

I am personally endorsing and promoting a proposal that the 3 Revert
Rule be enforced.  The exact wording of the proposal is:

        If you violate the 3 revert rule, sysops may block you for up
to 24 hours.
        In the cases where both parties violate the rule, sysops
should treat both sides equally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Three_revert_rule_enforcement

I encourage everyone to vote.  I actually even encourage you to vote
yes.  This is a long overdue change, and I believe there is strong
community consensus for it.  After the poll is finalized, I will back
it fully.

I discussed the exact wording with several people, and have discussed
the revert rule generally with a lot of people, even some of the worst
violators.  I don't think we'll have much problem getting this passed
quickly.

--Jimbo

--
"La nèfle est un fruit." - first words of 50,000th article on fr.wikipedia.org