[WikiEN-l] A list at VfD

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 11 19:32:04 UTC 2004

User:Smack has listed [[list of exponential topics]], a list I originated
and maintain still, at VfD, on the sole ground that he has added an
equivalent category. In his words, it has been 'superseded'.  I contest
this.  It is silly technologists' thinking, without any basis in common
sense.

I have posted a couple of times here already about the harmful (as I see it)
effect of talk assuming that categories are in some way now the de facto
standard.  That's quite wrong.  I won't rehearse all the reasons again.

I intend to make this a test case at VfD, so that the ludicrous idea of
removing a list that serves a proper purpose on WP can be knocked on the
head, once and for all.

Charles