[WikiEN-l] Troll?

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 11 14:00:29 UTC 2004

Mark Richards wrote
> For our purposes, except when used as someone intending to destroy the
community or who intends to be entertained at the expense of others, these
are the operative definitions:

> 1. Troll is a word used inappropriately as an insult;
> 2. Calling someone a troll is a way of harrassing folks who disagree with
you.

> ;)

I may be getting middle-aged and pompous, but I see nothing amusing here.
Gresham's Law applies to Internet dialogue; trolls (not those who simply
hold strong views) are the counterfeiters.  Of course edit warriors reach
for the T- and V- words.

Charles