[WikiEN-l] Policy proposal: require e-mail confirmation

Gerrit gerrit at nl.linux.org
Mon Nov 8 22:46:36 UTC 2004

uninvited at nerstrand.net wrote:
> 1.  That a confirmed e-mail address be required for creation of new
> accounts

-10. It would mean the death of Wikipedia. Wikipedia will become a
second Dmoz, where nobody registers because it takes hours and hours to
register. It's easier to become a member of the secret service than
registering with Dmoz. That's not what we want.

Second, it would solve nothing.

Goodbye.

--
Weather in Twenthe, Netherlands 08/11 21:25:
	1.0°C shallow fog; mist mostly clear wind 1.3 m/s NE (57 m above NAP)
    -Dwight David Eisenhower, January 17, 1961