[WikiEN-l] Re: Broken dispute resolution mechanisms (was Reithy is a problem)

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sun Nov 7 07:53:16 UTC 2004

Tim Starling wrote:

> Thirdly, sentences should be much, much harsher. Ban them for life and
> get it over with. Banning only slows them down anyway, most of them
> will come back under a different name. But at least the community will
> be able to unite behind the AC ruling.

I think the problem with this is that, if the community had its way, a
lot of the best contributors would be banned if they were unpopular.  A
site in which all unpopular users are banned is not really a wiki.  I'm
personally quite glad that Wik was not banned the numerous times his
case was brought up (until the last time, of course), and wouldn't want
things to work otherwise.

Perhaps you have a different type of site in mind?

-Mark