[WikiEN-l] Blocked user Tim706

Sheldon Rampton sheldon at prwatch.org
Sat Mar 27 04:07:30 UTC 2004

I've put a 48-hour block on user Tim706, who has recently committed a
series of vandalisms and has no history of productive edits. (In each
case, his vandalism consists of replacing an existing photograph with
a doctored photo on which he has drawn red horns and a beard and a
caption that says, "Bitch ate my dog.")

This is the first time I've ever blocked a user. I did a quick scan
of Wikipedia policies, and I think that a ban under these
circumstances is within my authority as a sysop. If this is not the
case, please correct me.

--Sheldon Rampton