[WikiEN-l] Uncle Ed reads Irismeister the riot act

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Mar 31 15:24:49 UTC 2004

fabiform-

> Tim Starling posted a link to IRC today about trolls,
> and I was interested to see that the kind called "The
> Abstract" fitted Irismeister to a T:
> http://www.io.com/~zikzak/troll_thesis.html#3.3

This thesis is itself a troll, written by "Amy Dhala" (a pun on "Amidala",
a character in the Star Wars universe and frequently the subject of
Slashdot trolling posts). Most if not all the data is completely invented.
There are many clues throughout the paper, such as "Only 2 people, known
as Rob M. and Jeff B. used poppers" in the "drug use" section (Rob Malda
and Jeff Bates are the founders of Slashdot).

Regards,

Erik