[WikiEN-l] Qualifications for referrals to arbitration.

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Tue Mar 30 14:55:41 UTC 2004

I think any procedure you come up with will be satisfactory.  I suggest
referal ought to come from the mediator who is familiar with the case. This
would count as referral by the committee, absent an overide. (You would need
to make that your policy)

My meta suggestion is to adapt some policy (with a minimum of fuss) and move
on.

We are very near, hopefully, to ratifying an arbitration policy which would
permit referrals by the meditation committee as a whole, individual
mediators or indeed anyone who requests arbitration. Referrals by the
mediation committee would be given the most weight.

Fred