[WikiEN-l] Re: Root and Branch - it's the only way.

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 11:53:34 UTC 2004

Daniel Mayer a écrit:
> Angela wrote:
>
>>I completely agree with Cimon. If participants in
>>mediation have followed all the steps of the dispute
>>resolution process, mediation has failed, and the
>>mediation committee recommends arbitration, is there
>>any reason the arbitrators still need to vote on
>>whether to accept the case? Can they not trust the
>>mediation committee to make these referrals?
>

> Let's not confuse recommendations by the entire mediation committee (majority
> vote) with recommendations by a single mediator. The first should be
> seriously considered, of course. But only so many cases can be worked on at one
> time so we still need to regulate the process.

Since mediation are usually done by only one mediator, how do you think
we could do this ? It happened that some cases were discussed a bit with
other mediators, for support, but since mediation is private; and what
is said is private, how could the opinion of the full committe have more
weight that the opinion of the mediator only ?

How are we supposed to give our opinion on a mediation we know little
about ?