[WikiEN-l] Re: An odd webpage - did Michael write it?

Tucci tucci528 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 01:55:12 UTC 2004

--- Tim Starling <ts4294967296 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Arwel Parry wrote:
> > Michael is still around. I was on meta about three
> days ago when he
> > turned up and I had an entertaining 20 minutes or
> so blocking half a
> > dozen users he created and clearing up the mess
> once I confirmed to my
> > satisfaction that it was him!
>
> Michael's obsession with Wikipedia defies reason.
> For 9 months, he has
> been adding information about several bands to
> Wikipedia, only to have
> it consistently and rapidly removed. First to the
> English wiki, then to
> meta, simple and even on es and pl using a machine
> translator. When he's
> not posting inaccurate information about bands, he's
> making fun of
> Hephaestos or other administrators. Ordinary
> wikipediholics like
> ourselves at least have something to show for our
> efforts. Will Michael
> eventually realise how much time he's wasting and do
> something useful
> with his life? Or will his obsession continue
> throughout adulthood? I
> don't know.
>
> -- Tim Starling

I've suggested before that Michael may be retarded,
autistic or otherwise mentally-deficient.  Given the
amount of time he apparently spends on Wikipedia with
everything he does reverted in a matter of moments...
I can't see any ordinary person doing this for months
and months and months.  (I think it's been more than
nine months since I first blocked his IP address
before he ever signed in)

Tuf-Kat