[WikiEN-l] the mediation committe is a failure

A A
Sun Mar 21 00:34:09 UTC 2004

The mediation committee has refused to mediate in any
circumstance or issue for which I am a participant.
What is the point of this committee, if it refuses to
even attempt mediation with some of the supposedly
more "mediationally-challenged" users?

I think everyone on the mediation committee should be
asked to resign, so that we can get some users who
actually want to mediate and facilitate discussion. It
seems clear to me that these people only took the
position because they saw it as a way of becoming
"super-sysops" -- not because they really wanted to
undertake the effort of mediation.