[WikiEN-l] Re: Edit war policy meaningless

Bjorn Lindqvist bjrn.lindqvist at telia.com
Tue Mar 16 23:20:24 UTC 2004

> That's completely pointless if the user doesn't really care about what
> version a page remains in but enjoys the process of fighting per se. That
> seems to be the case with Wik. He reverts, reverts, reverts, reverts, then
> he even *asks* for protection of the page. As soon as it becomes
> unprotected again, he will continue reverting to his preferred version.
> This happened with [[McFly]] -- I unprotected it three times already, and
> every time Wik came back to revert it almost instantly. It is protected to
> this day. So what are we gonna do -- keep it protected forever? That is an
> unfair punishment of everyone else.

The common theme among malicious users is that they sooner or later
disappear. Sooner or later they will get bored and go away and then
someone will be there and revert their trash. Or they learn the
wikispirit and stop doing malicious things. Meanwhile, there are about
200,000 other articles you and everyone else can edit. As I highly
doubt that you (or anyone except for Anthony himself) are any
interested in [[McFly]] at all.

BL