[WikiEN-l] Re: Rethinking vandalism

Gabriel Wicke groups at gabrielwicke.de
Wed Mar 10 13:36:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:40:00 +0100, Erik Moeller wrote:

> We should set permanent cookies on every pageview except saves, require
> cookies for saving pages, assign random account names (anon2349bx29s) to
> anonymous editors, and use cookies to block most users.

This would defeat all caching, we use 'Vary: Accept-Encoding, Cookie'.

Anon and non-anon vandalism wouldn't be such a problem if the 'stable',
publicly visible version wasn't affected by this immediately. Some ideas
in that direction are collected at
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-vandalism_ideas.
--
Gabriel Wicke