[WikiEN-l] Yes, let's ban users with Hotmail and Yahoo addresses...

dpbsmith at verizon.net dpbsmith at verizon.net
Wed Mar 10 13:27:09 UTC 2004

Sheldon Rampton <sheldon.rampton at verizon.net> wrote:
[among other things, let's]
> Require people to register, providing a verifiable email address
that is not yahoo or hotmail, as a precondition for contributing.

By all means!

And let's ban users from AOL, too, they're all such lamers, and from,
Verizon.net, because they allow a single user to have up to four different
email addresses, and people from "vanity" addresses (their own domains)
because who knows how many email addresses _they_ could have, and anyone from
weird little ISP's I've never heard of like Bomis, because who knows what
_their_ policies might be.

And then let's get rid of the top-posters.

And the people with more-than-four-line SIGs, and the piano organists, and
people who eat peppermint and puff it in your face, and the idiot who praises
in enthusiastic tone every century but this and every country but his own.

And let's require a social security number, credit card number, mother's
maiden name, and proof of sexual orientation as a requirement for
registration.

(Is the irony obvious enough yet, or do I need to add a smiley?)