[WikiEN-l] Bird

Jake Nelson jnelson at soncom.com
Wed Mar 10 05:37:05 UTC 2004

Rick wrote:
> Bird's latest contribution:
>
> You can either start allowing open discussion within the Wikipedia
namespace, allow writers to rework or totally repudiate their earlier work,
and deal with me as a surly collaborator, or you can deal with my effort
from outside your so-called community for a long, long time. And it appears
you have the hard part of the bargain, because all I have to do is watch and
decide if I will make quality contributions that advance human understanding
or if I will battle this collectivity to my last breath because I have found
it to be a dangerous authoritarian cult.  + +If you don't like being pushed
around and feel you have the moral high ground, I know how you feel. Because
I am absolutely confident of my stern approach, am completely fatigued of a
mealy mouthed lies from educators who are trying to make knowledge a trade
secret, and I have little to loose and everything to gain by fighting with
all of my might wherever the battle might present.

Interesting rant. Sounds like he's on the right side, for the most part, but
is too fanatical to help, and is attacking allies. He needs to find a better
target. I've seen this before, and most of the time they're too paranoid and
blinded by their own certainty to be brought around. More patient people are
welcome to try to reform him on their own, but I think we're best off just
shutting him down.

-- Jake