[WikiEN-l] Interesting slashdot thread

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Mar 9 15:13:42 UTC 2004

The original article cited doesn't mention us, although they should.
I think that anyone interested in why industry-wide sales for
encyclopedia software fell 7.3 percent in 2003 from 2002 should look
at graphs of our growth trajectory.  We're giving away for free a
better product than people can buy, and that's that.

One thing that's interesting to me is how many people said some
variant on "Well, traditional encyclopedias are important because you
can't trust what you find on the web, except for Wikipedia of course,
which you can trust".

--Jimbo