[WikiEN-l] The 3-revert rule

Bjorn Lindqvist bjrn.lindqvist at telia.com
Mon Mar 8 23:48:22 UTC 2004

Delirium wrote:

> Daniel Mayer wrote:
> >poll that would make a 3-revert per day limit policy has 45 votes to 6 [68]
> >Jimbo has not decided yet whether to allow admins the ability to block users
> >for 24 hours for breaking this rule.
> >
> I'd like to lobby for this to happy ASAP.  The rule has a massive
> majority (nearly 90%), and we need some way of enforcing it.  It should,
> hopefully very quickly, become simply unacceptable to revert any one
> article more than 3 times in a day.  Once you've wrangled back and forth
> a few times, you stop.  There is really no justification at *all* for a
> revert-war going on for longer than that---it accomplishes absolutely
> nothing.

What a minute!

When *I* voted on that poll some week ago, the poll was about whether
there should be a *guideline* that reads "do not do more than three
reverts" or not. Nowhere on that page did it say that the poll really
was about whether to allow admins to block a user that reverts three
times or not.

Many of the 51+ persons that has voted probably did not either
understand that the vote was about bannings. If that is what the vote
is about and not just a guideline.

BL