[WikiEN-l] Arbitration policy

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen jheiskan at welho.com
Mon Mar 8 22:54:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 22:44, Lee Pilich wrote:

    Hi everyone.

    The arbitration committee has "completed" its guidelines at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration_policy . "Completed" in
    quotes because while everything that needs to be covered for us to function
    probably is covered in one way or another, everything is still subject to
    change, and everything will likely be tweaked as we deal with more cases,
    gain experience and whatnot.

    If any of you plebs, I mean *non-abritrators*, want to look them over,
    suggest changes, tell us we're idiots or whatever, then please do so
    (preferably on the talk page). Then we'll have a simple yes or no vote
    which everybody on the Wikipedia can take part in as to whether to accept
    the guidelines or not (bearing in mind they're always subject to change),
    and if the vote is yes and Jimbo doesn't object in any way, then we'll be
    fully functioning (ie, not needing Jimbo to refer cases to us) and ready to
    ban people willy-nilly (that's what we're for, right?).

Not a moment too soon, but just in the nick of time!

J-V. Heiskanen