[WikiEN-l] Re: Call for opinion... WikiProject Schools

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Mon Mar 8 22:36:46 UTC 2004

David Speakman wrote:

> If you have one, please voice your opinion about what qualifies a
> children's school for admission into WP and ... if qualified, what info
> should be included.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Schools
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Schools

It reads:

	A few Wikipedians have gotten together to make some suggestions
	about how we might organize data in articles about schools
	(excluding colleges and universities).

Later:

	Scope
	This WikiProject aims primarily to structure all college and
	university articles.

Contradiction?

I am very confused, because the Talk page and the rest of the article
don't give any clear indication either. On the one hand, your
WikiProject page makes heavy use of vocabulary such as "Campus",
"Student", "Alumni" and "Faculty", all of which seem to suggest you
*are* talking about colleges and universities after all, but then on the
Talk page you seem to be talking about "High School, Middle School,
Elementary School". There is also a link to [[Wikipedia:WikiProject
Universities]], so I'm doubly confused.

Timwi