[WikiEN-l] DNA controversy: 168, Lir, Mav, and Erik: I am sorry for my mistake

steven l. rubenstein rubenste at ohiou.edu
Mon Mar 8 20:24:53 UTC 2004

In my last e-mail I expressed dismay that 168 had blanked Erik's pages.  I
was mistaken.  Someone has explained to me that 168 had blanked his own
pages; another explained to me that 168 has left the project.  I apologize
to 168 and to the list for my mistake.  Of course 168 has a perfect right
to blank his/her pages, and even to leave.  I stand by the spirit of my
posting -- there is something profoundly wrong when things reach the state
of a multiple revert war, and people have to find some way to work together
-- not that anyone should be banned, or should leave the project.  I am
sorry 168 has left, because s/he has made important contributions, and I
hope 168 comes back and is able to work well with others once again to
produce good articles.

Steve

Steven L. Rubenstein
Associate Professor
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Bentley Annex
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701