[WikiEN-l] Main Page Poll

James Rosenzweig jwrosenzweig at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 22:02:54 UTC 2004

I'm very confused.  There has apparently been a poll
at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Main_Page/Archive_14#Straw_poll
for a little while that claims to be deciding whether
or not to keep the current main page.  Two MAJOR
problems.  One, the poll does not allow someone to
vote for the main page as it is right now (all options
are a week old), and it splits the vote so that there
are four different slightly altered types of new main
page (hence four possible places to cast a vote for
the new design), and one old main page (pooling all
the votes for the old main page in one place) -- this
means that the plurality of the vote right now is for
the old main page. Two, most of us had no idea the
vote was going on until now (and frankly, can't figure
out where to vote "I like what we have this very
moment).  Can anyone help me figure out what's going
on?

James Rosenzweig