[WikiEN-l] Good news!

Dan Miller meelar2 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 20:57:54 UTC 2004

I just called the Democratic National Committee to ask
if they would be willing to licence some of their
images under the GFDL (I was hoping to get a photo for
[[Terry McAuliffe]]).  Anyway, the person I spoke to
said that "We probably won't have any problems
licencing them to you", but wanted it in writing.  So,
I have a question regarding image copyright.

Does an email constitute permission to use these? And
should I store it? That is, what format is necessary
for the permission?

The even better news is this: when I called, I
launched into my little shpiel about how "I'm calling
on behalf of the Wikipedia, we're trying to put
together a free-content encyclopedia".  He stopped me
in the middle of my sentence and said "Of course I've
heard of the Wikipedia."  It kind of made my day.

Meelar