[WikiEN-l] Re: Trading with the Enemy

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 18:47:56 UTC 2004

I read that whole article very carefully Jimbo, and I failed to see
where it is mentionned that the governement was preventing Brigitte
Bardot to speak up :-)

However, I saw that some organisations (which are not the governement)
were suing Brigitte Bardot for her opinions. How does that mean that the
governement is not respecting people freedom of speech ?

Also, do you mean that *preventing* these organisations to complain
about Brigitte Bardot opinions, would be the best way to insure freedom
of speech is guaranteed ?
Whose freedom of speech and opinion are we talking about ?
* Brigitte right to speak ?
* or the organisations right to complain ?

I also note that though legal proceedings are mentionned in the article,
  no conclusions are given about them. So, that does not mean Brigitte
will be put in jail with tape on the mouth.

I also noticed that regardless of the feedback I offered with regards to
the nearly libelous accusations against my government, not only did you
choose not to recognise there hasn't been any accusation made by my
governement against the Sun, but that on top of it, you choose to
redirect accusations toward independant organisations.

I have the unconfortable feeling that whatever facts I will bring to
your attention, you will not be very motivated to consider it. Still,
let me provide you a last reference.

Currently, Wikipedia mentions this article

http://www.rsf.fr/article.php3?id_article=4116

That is the "first worldwide press freedom index"

Exactly the topic we are currently discussing I guess

Here is the top ranking

Rank  Country  Note
1 Finland  0,50  -
2 Iceland  0,50  -