[WikiEN-l] Use voting to condense (was: Concise Print Wikipedia is a Fork)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Mar 1 14:30:20 UTC 2004

How about letting users vote on each article?

Here's one such scheme of the top of my head, which might be used with a
little tweaking.

1. Start with zero articles in the print version.

2. Any user can "vote" for an article to be included in the print
version.

2a. Put your votes on the talk page, or a "\print" sub-page

3. If anyone disagrees, then we need discussion and a tally.

4. Any page with 80% or higher vote /supporting/ inclusion, goes to the
print version.

Ed Poor, "trying to compromise" as www.googlism.com would say