[WikiEN-l] tree names

John Knouse jaknouse at frognet.net
Mon Mar 1 03:38:51 UTC 2004

I seem to be having an editing conflict with
[[user:MPF|MPF]].  He is insisting on changing "tuliptree"
to "Tulip tree" and "cucumbertree" to "Cucumber tree".  We
had a big discussion about the capitalization issue last
year, though I don't think we discussed the compounding
issue.  Does anyone remember this?  Didn't we decide for
plants NOT to capitalize?  In any case, all the authorities
either compound or hyphenate; none of them use two separate
words.  See [[talk:Tulip tree]] for more.

--
John Knouse
jaknouse at frognet.net