[WikiEN-l] "Dust has settled" considered euphemistic (re:172 & VV)

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 24 14:58:35 UTC 2004

Ed Poor wrote

>When I asked, "Can we ban 172 and VV?", I was using a rhetorical device.

Ed, I took a long time to decide whether you were a licensed clown around
here, or Machiavellian.  My conclusion: both.

> My job (as I see it) is to ensure that
articles are accurate and unbiased; my method is to encourage users to
contribute with courtesy.

In the same vein: I have found your edits to WP to be remarkable only for
their tendentiousness.  As far as courtesy is concerned, I have no
complaints in our personal dealings - in fact the opposite.

Charles