[WikiEN-l] Copyright Problems: Challenge to administrators

moink theresa.robinson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 00:53:33 UTC 2004

Angela has pointed out that there are many very old discussions on
[[Wikipedia:Copyright problems]] and she has offered a gmail account
(which I don't need, as I have one) to anyone who can remove 10 of
those old discussions from the page.  I looked at the page, and that's
just an overwhelming prospect.  The discussions still there are there
because they are the most complex or controversial copyright disputes,
and no administrator has felt comfortable making a final decision and
resolving it.  Attacking any number of them at once is way too much
work.

So I'm issuing a challenge to every administrator on this list.
Choose one of the discussions that is older than 7 days.  Do all the
research necessary to make an informed decision about whether or not
the page is a copyvio, and perform the necessary action.  Many of them
will be quite a bit of work as they require figuring out which parts
are copyvio, etc.  But I figure if we tackle one each it won't be too
much work for any one person.

moink