[WikiEN-l] Re: This isn't a theoretical issue; its real.

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 09:29:41 UTC 2004

Stan Shebs wrote:
> Anthere wrote:
>
>> Stan Shebs wrote:

>>> You kind of lost all your support and credibility when you called
>>> all of us Nazis, and failed to apologize for it subsequently. Why
>>> then would anybody pay attention to anything you have to say?
>>>
>>> Stan
>>

>> Well... I *do* care.
>> Yes, Robert said wrong things and should have apogized later.
>> Yes, Robert gave his name himself, so it is not outing.
>> But, I do care that someone feels he is threatened in his real life
>> because of his wikipedia activity.
>

> He *says* he feels threatened, but given his track record of abuse,
> bullying, and misrepresentation, I'll bet a dollar he doesn't
> really feel threatened at all - I think he's just using this as a
> technique to fish for sympathy from the gullible.
>
> If I genuinely felt threatened, I would go to the police, not
> post lengthy complaining emails to a public mailing list, where
> there is not one single person who has any power or capability
> to protect me from an actual would-be criminal. It's not like
> WPers are going to fly over from Australia or wherever, arm
> themselves, and stand guard at my front door.
>
> Stan

I think that whether an editor is a good standing one in the community
or not, as soon as we accept them as editors, we should held similar
standards. If we just stick to facts, I'd say a threat stays a threat
whoever receive it. In front of two users threatened, I do not think it
is correct to help one and to be rude to the other.

So, I am glad of the AC decision.